Who is this course for?
Our 3D Printing Introduction Course is perfect for those looking to learn how to 3D model and 3D print their own designs to an excellent level within a supportive, group learning environment.
What will you learn?
In our state of the art 3D printing course, you will learn the ins and outs of this exciting new technology. Our training will not only give you the skills to operate a 3D printer but also model your own 3D designs. We have 5 3D printers that you will be learning how to operate (pictured).
You will be taught how to design models for architecture, jewelry, products, engineering or any other creative pursuit using 3D software. You will also learn how to use a 3D printer and the insider knowledge on the current state of the industry and its future capabilities.
Expert teaching from practicing architects and designers
Bespoke video tutorials to take home
Digital reference book for revision
Free ongoing after support
Tailoring of syllabus and projects where possible
LST certificate of completion
- 10% of all fees allocated to design training for charities and schools.
- Free course re-take within 18 Months.
- Theory and background of 3D Printing
- Types of consumer-level 3D Printers
- What is FDM Printing
- Limitations of Printing
- 3D Print materials
- Cura - slicing your model
- Preparing STL files and sending to the 3D Printer
- Layer wall height
- Best print orientation
- Downloading models
- Setting Up a 3D printer
- Design at least 4 models to be Printed
- Introduction to Sketchup
- Software interface
- Basic modeling principles
- Modeling to scale
- 3D Workflows - groups & layers
- Considering print limitations when designing
- Design & print your own Furniture, Jewellery & Architecture
What: Hands-on practical course, Day 2 is tailored allowing for you to work on your projects and portfolio.
When: 2 Day Course, Thursday & Friday.
Time: 9:45am - 4:30pm
Where: London Software Training, London, E8 3FA