Who is this course for? Our 3 day Vectorworks course is ideal for those looking to gain the confidence to use the software with ease in a tailored, supportive environment. No experience is necessary and we'll have you drawing plans within the first hour of your class, whatever your ability. You will learn 2D tools with a demonstration of 3D capabilities.
Career Progression & Opportunities
What will you learn?
This course is ideal for beginners or those looking to consolidate their prior skills. Day 3 allows you to work on your projects and portfolio.
Our expert tutor will guide you through the ins and outs of the software, with a range of practical, hands-on lessons ensuring you leave with the skills and confidence to fully take advantage of Vectorworks software.
Expert teaching from practicing architects and designers
Bespoke video tutorials to take home
Digital reference book for revision
Tailoring of syllabus and projects where possible
LST certificate of completion
- 10% of all fees allocated to design training for charities and schools.
- Free course re-take within 18 Months.
Role of CAD / Introduction to the Vectorworks software
Setting up Workspace & Basic options
Basic skills – drawing & selecting objects
Editing skills – combining shapes, mirroring, rotating & grouping objects
Working to scale, setting preferences & saving templates
Drawing & moving objects accurately
Further editing tools – fillet & offset
Introduction to basic attributes & editing groups
Duplicate arrays – linear, rectangular & circular
Room plan graphics – walls, windows & doors
Drawing up a room plan
Further attributes including hatch, gradient & image fill
Drawing elevations – methods & techniques
Importing images for graphic illustration
Creating symbols & introduction to Resource Browser
Organising the drawing using Design Layers
Labeling the drawings & simple title block text
User Interface and Terminology Plotting and Printing
- Creating Sheets - A1, A2 & A3
- Creating Viewports
- Professional presentation of the model in paper space
Converting drawings into PDFs
- Working with Files
- User Interface and Terminology Displaying Objects
- Objects and Data
- Using Object Snaps
- Selecting objects with quick select
- Dividing and measuring objects
- Dimensioning and Annotation
- Working with text
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Organising tool palettes
- Using Tool Palettes
- Standard views
- Creating Additional Drawing Object
- Arc, Donut, and Ellipse
- Working with real-world units
- Manipulating objects
- Changing the angle of an object’s position
- Save, exit, open
- Creating a Mirror Image of Existing objects
- Introduction to 3D - Creating extrudes
What: Hands-on practical course, day 3 allows for you to work on your projects and portfolio.
When: 3 day course
Where: London Software Training, London, E8 3FA